I. Program Introduction
Chinese Language Program is open to international students who love Chinese Language and Chinese culture. Students learn Chinese at the School of International Education as full-time general visiting students.
Instruction is divided into elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels. Students are arranged according to the results of Chinese placement test at the beginning of the semester. Class size is approximately fifteen students per class. Normally class hours are from Monday to Friday, 4 academic hours per day, 20 academic hours per week.Upon completion of the program students will receive a certificate and an official transcript. The program is normally one semester long, but students could apply for extension of their study period to at most four semesters in accumulation.
II. Course Setting
1. Chinese language Courses: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Comprehensive Chinese
2. Chinese Cultural Courses (Optional): Tai Chi, Martial Arts, Calligraphy, Chinese Painting, Papercut, Chinese Cuisine, Chinese Song
3. Other courses (Optional): HSK Level 4-6, Business Chinese
4. Extra-curricular Activities: Tianjin city tour. Extra fees need to be paid for other travelling.
One semester or more, 20 hours/week
IV. Qualification of Applicants
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, in good physical and mental health and hold a high school diploma;
2. Aged 18-40. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 at the date of enrollment must submit the original guardian certificate issued by the Tianjin District Notary Office, and the Guardian must be a permanent resident of Tianjin.
V. Application Period
Application for Spring Semester: 20th October 2019 - 31st December 2019 (Registration in February 2020)
Application for Fall Semester: 15th March 2020-15th June 2020 (Registration in September 2020)
(According to the Admission Notice)
Note: Due to the limited quota of TJU, early application is strongly advised.
VI. How to apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on our website (tju.at0086.cn/student) according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
1. Scan of highest diploma. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
2. Scan of the academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Photocopy of your valid passport.
4. Applicants for one academic year must submit the Photocopy of Physical Examination Report from a public hospital. Click here to download the templet form. (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to have medical examination as the medical results have a 6-month validity).
5. If the applicant is a student, an official study proof must be submitted with the application. If the applicant is employed, an official employment proof is must be submitted.
6. Applicants for one academic year must submit scan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Records.
Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
1. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
2. Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
3. TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
VII. Evaluation and Admission
Before the final admission result is released, applicants may check their admission status via the TJU online Application System. TJU will issue Admission notice and Visa documents to those admitted.
Prospective students may be eligible to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship which covers tuition fees, living allowance, on-campus accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance. For more information, please visit the website of Confucius Institute Scholarship: cis.chinese.cn
Qualified applicants may also visit our website to learn its process for application: http://sie.tju.edu.cn/jxj/kzxyjxj/
IX. Visa Application and Registration
Admitted students should bring their personal and ordinary passport, Certificate of Admission, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners (as well as other original documents of physical examination) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for a student visa. Students must enter China with an ordinary passport and visa. Students are required to arrive at TJU (along with the required documents) and complete their university registration during the dates indicated in the Admission package. Normally, registration is held in late August or early September for Fall semester and in late February or early March for Spring semester. All students should present the required original application materials upon registration at Tianjin University for enrollment qualification review. Students who fail the enrollment qualification review will be disqualified from enrollment.
1. Application Fee: 420RMB
2. Tuition: 6900 RMB /semester; 13,800 RMB/academic year
(Tuition cannot be refunded after paid)
3. Medical Insurance: 400RMB / person /semester
4. Other fees such as traveling fee, learning materials fee should be paid by students themselves.
Telephone, TV, air conditioner, independent bathroom, iron cash case
without electricity and network cost
Laundry room, public kitchen, independent bathroom
without electricity and network cost
Note: Self-funded students may find their own living accommodation off campus, but they must register to the local police station within 24 hours.
Address: International Admissions Office (Room 216 South in Building No.10), School of International Education, Tianjin University
No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300072